Japan Classic Route
Tour Code: CP302
Japan’s Classic Route will give all our Summer Games 2021 clients a well balanced understanding of Japanese history and culture, stopping at the ancient capital Kyoto, the historical Hiroshima, magnificent Miyajima Island, and mega metropolitan Tokyo. You will be met on arrival and departure. In between, our team will be meeting you to give you the insight knowledge of each place you visit. Japan is best viewed by train usually. Your final travel pack will include a 7-day Japan Rail Pass (either ordinary or green depending on the package you take) giving you the freedom and access to just about anywhere along the way!
Tokyo Guided Tour
We will work around your itinerary to ensure you see the best of Tokyo. When you know what games you will see, we will slot you into the best available tour that suits your needs. You can choose from one of our Unique Japan Tours Tokyo city tours selection:
- First-Time Tokyo (7-8 hours)
- Tsukiji Outer Fish Market => Hamarikyu Garden => River cruise to Asakusa => Tempura Lunch at local restaurant => Asakusa Kannon Temple => Edo Museum (or) Tokyo Sky Tree.
- Tokyo Backstreets (6-7 hours)
- Harajuku => Meiji Jingu Shrine => Walk to Shibuya via the back streets => ExploreShinjuku)
- Sumo Challenge & Lunch (4-5 hours)
- Ryogoku Restaurant => Edo Museum
- Tokyo by Night (4 hours)
- Izakaya Dinner & Drinks [all-you-can- eat/drink for 2 hours]
- Late Night bars (pay locally – Guide will say farewell before last train home)
All tours will be accompanied by a local Tokyo guide and include your entrance fees, transport, and meals when stated. The meeting point of each tour will be included in your final itinerary in your travel pack.
If your tour falls on a Sunday, Monday or National Holiday, your itinerary will be altered to suit conflicting admissions. E.g. museums tend not to open on Monday’s. Tsukiji Outer Fish market is not very lively on Sunday’s so we will avoid going here on a Sunday. Instead we may have a tea ceremony on Hamarikyu Garden. All decisions are made after local information is updated.
Mt Fuji Views with Cruise
Spend the day navigating yourself around Hakone, located in the heart of Fuji National Park, home to Fuji’s best viewing spots. Cruise on Lake Ashi. Cable car across the hot spring mountain. Walk through the Open-Air Museum. Zig zag your way to your place of rest on the funicular train. Finish up at your ryokan where relaxation and first-class service awaits.
Ryokan & Onsen
Time to Rest! Relax, unwind, zone out from the madness that you just experienced. We choose our ryokans carefully so depending on your pace of travel prior to arriving, will depend on the type of ryokan we choose. Japan has thousands to offer, with all shapes and sizes. Don’t be under any illusion that moving around Japan requires energy. It’s our job to ensure we keep your energy balanced. Staying in a ryokan for one/two nights is a must! We promise you will thank us!
Your travel pack will include the must-have 7- Day Japan Rail Pass. If you feel like spoiling yourself, why not upgrade this to a Green Pass to allow you board the 1st class carriages. Riding on bullet trains throughout Japan will only add to your experience.
Insider Guide to Kyoto
Kyoto is Japan’s culture capital, for many reasons. We at Unique Japan Tours prefer to give you a more real-life Kyoto experience, than a mass-tourism one. So, allow our guide bring you on a trail of where he/she recommends on your available day. For the Summer Games 2020, rest assured, your itinerary will be carefully planned using our local Kyoto guides input and expertise.
Historical Hiroshima & Magnificent Miyajima with local guide
Explore the must see Unesco World Heritage city of Hiroshima with one of our local knowledgable guides. Get the inside story of what it was like to have grown up in the city after such horrific devastation at the end of WWII. Visit the powerful museum and A-Bomb dome. Finish the tour on a lighter note across the water on the magical Miyajima Island. Enjoy some free time here to stroll taking in the quintessential Japanese ambience.
Dates and Prices
Tour Starts:All dates between: July 10, 2021
Tour Ends:to August 30, 2021
Prices:€3,800 / £3,200 / AUD 6,150 / USD 4,200 per person
TOKYO (4 nights Western)
- Bronze: Candeo Hotels, Daiwa Group, Gracery Hotels, (or similar)
- Silver: Shibuya or Akasaka Excel Hotel, Okura South Wing, Shinjuku Granbell (or similar)
- Gold: Hyatt Regency Hotel, Imperial Hotel, Hilton Hotel, Okura Prestige Tower, Hoshinoya (or similar)
- Platinum: Ritz Carlton, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Okura Heritage, Conrad (or similar)
HAKONE (2 nights Japanese Style)
- Bronze: Odakyu Hakone Lake Hotel (or similar)
- Silver: Setsugetsuka Ryokan (or similar)
- Gold & Platinum: Hyatt Regency Hakone Resort & Spa, Gora Hanougi, Hoshinoya Kai Hakone (or similar)
KYOTO (3 nights Western)
- Bronze: Daiwa Roynet Ekimae (or similar)
- Silver: The Kyoto Century Hotel, Daiwa Royal Hotel Grande, Noku Kyoto (or similar)
- Gold: The Thousand Hotel, Okura Kyoto, Hyatt Regency (or similar)
- Platinum: Ritz Carlton Kyoto, Four Seasons Kyoto, Hoshinoya Kyoto (or similar)
HIROSHIMA (2 nights Western)
- Bronze: Candeo Hotel (or similar)
- Silver: Hiroshima Granvia Hotel (or similar)
- Gold & Platinum: Sheraton Hotel or Righa Royal (Deluxe Rooms) (or similar)
Prices are per person and based on two people sharing a Twin or Double Room. Single room supplements apply. Triple room discounts available. Exchange rate fluctuations may lead to price changes. Prices are based on travel between July 10th ~ August 30th 2021. Supplements may apply however we always try our best to get you the best price available. Immediate booking is highly recommended.
Bronze & Silver Inclusions:
- 11 Nights Bed & Breakfast in bronze or silver hotels (see ‘Accommodation’)
- 2 Evening meals at your ryokan
- 3 x English speaking tours in Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima including your entrance fees, tour guides, lunch, and transport (Shared Service using public transport)
- 7 Day Japan Rail Pass (Ordinary)
- Airport Transfers (Standard Service)
- Detailed Travel Pack
- 24/7 Local Emergency Contact
Gold & Platinum Packages:
- UJT Concierge Service throughout your whole trip (dedicated team on the ground to assist you make restaurant bookings, other travel services, advice, etc).
- 11 Nights Bed & Breakfast in gold or platinum hotels (see ‘Accommodation’)
- 2 Evening meals at your ryokan on 2 nights
- 4 x English speaking tours in Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima & Hakone including your entrance fees, private guides, lunch, and transport (Private Service/Luxury Vehicles)
- Special Kyoto Geisha Meet/Greet
- 7 Day Japan Rail Pass (Green / 1st Class with special assistance on day of arrival)
- Airport Transfers (Luxury Vehicle)
- Detailed Travel Pack
- 24/7 Local Emergency Contact