New Release: February 10, 2021
Unique Japan Tours are open for online calls/appointments. We understand the apprehension around booking a holiday right now. Like you, our team continue to dream of traveling some day. And to make these dreams happen smoothly and stress free, we have made significant changes to our booking policies. Our goal continues to be reassure, encourage, reward and reduce the risk through flexibility for all our customers. Contact us at any time to speak to your Japan Travel expert.
Flexible Covid-19 Terms Summary:
- Full refund if your tour is cancelled or a travel ban is in place due to Covid-19.
- New Safety Measures on all our tours (complying with Japanese Covid guidelines)
- Book Now, Pay Later
- Free Date Change
- Full financial protection
- Free Upgrade to VIP Premium Package
- Massive savings on popular tours
Travel Period: 2022, 2023 & 2024 (When Japan opens its borders to international visitors, we will be ready to send you)!
Tour Types: All Self-Guided and Small Group Tours
Read below for detailed information.
New Safety Measures:
Our 2021 & 2022 tour series are getting a revamp to facilitate Covid-19 prevention measures (combining all WHO* & JNTO* travel advice). All clients who were due to travel in the first half of 2021 will be sent the option to transfer to 2022 or 2023 without any costs or penalties, even if they are booked on a tour that’s scheduled to go ahead.
- Covid-19 Approved Hotels/Accommodation – If we feel providers are not adhering to local guidelines, we will not be using them.
- Your tour guides, drivers, and/or assistants will wear masks at all times.
- Daily temperature tests before joining any of our tours.
- New Covid-19 Internal Team trained to handle emergencies and compliance with all regulatory bodies both in Japan and our local sales offices (Dublin & London).
- Recommended Social Distancing will be a top priority when visiting any sites, restaurants, public areas.
- Travel itineraries will be designed with this in mind, avoiding large crowds and encouraging more off-the-beaten track rural places in Japan (one of our unique specialities)
- Use of chartered vehicles / taxi’s (who already practice good social distancing) rather than public transport (on our private guided tours / where possible)
- Increase our Local Emergency Team to be ready to assist no matter where you are in Japan. If the needs arises, whether for medical reasons, information seeking, or sudden changes to your itineraries, your team will be ready and waiting to help all of our clients while in Japan.
*WHO: World Health Organisation
*JNTO: Japan National Tourist Organisation
Fully Bonded Operator
We understand the apprehensions around booking a holiday. No matter when you book with Unique Japan Tours, your money is protected by Total Payment Protection (Topp) Policy provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited. To encourage you to book now, travel later, we have made the following changes to our booking conditions (came into effect in July 2020):
- Booking Deposits are refundable if your tour cannot go ahead for the date you originally booked for
- Free Date Change into 2022 or beyond at original booking price
Early Bird Offers for 2022 Tours
Offer will run from February 1 – 28, 2021:
- Tohoku Trails €5,950 => NOW 5,600 per person (October 2021 & April 2022 dates only)
- Japan Discovered €4,650 => NOW €4,485 per person (Will not apply to March or April departures)
- Ancient Trails of Japan €4,400 => NOW €4,200 per person
- Gardens & Galleries €4,700 => NOW €4,500 per person
- Journey to the East €2,800 => NOW €2,600 per person
* Offers are available on any new bookings made in February 2021 for travel between October 2021 – December 31, 2022. Offers are per person off published online prices. Covid-19 Flexible Terms & Conditions will be in place for any bookings made during this period (see below).
Black-Out Dates: July 22 – Sep 30 2021 during Olympics & Paralympics 2021. Offers are for new bookings only, non-transferable and cannot be used with any other offers received. Direct Bookings only. Contact us for more information.
Free Date Change
As entry bans are lifted in Japan, you will be able to make a date or name change up to 30 days prior to your start date, free of charge (until further notice). After 30 days, any changes made may be subject to the costs of tickets issued.
Refundable Booking Deposits if Covid-19 is still a problem when you are due to make your final payments – up to 60 days prior.
Your deposit will not be refunded if entry into Japan is permitted at time of your due travel dates.
Delayed Final Payment
We usually request full payment 8 weeks prior to tour start dates. This is reduced to 30 days prior (until further notice).
Japan Travel Ban – Full Refund
If a travel entry ban into Japan is in place at time of your due arrival time in Japan, you will be given the option to postpone your trip to a later date (no charge) or receive a full refund.
Tour Cancellation – Full Refund
If the Company cancels your tour due to Covid-19, you will be given the option to change your tour to a later date, or receive a full refund.
VIP Premium Upgrade
As a special ‘thank you’ to our clients*, we would like to reward you by offering the following free upgrades:
Japan Concierge Service:
Our Tokyo Travel Desk will assist you with:
- Restaurant reservations that may sometimes be difficult to secure
- Optional tour reservations for your free days
- Advise on what to do in your local area and best way to get there (if not already in your travel pack)
- Any other service request (within reason)
*Valid for Clients who fall into either category:
- New Tours booked between October 01, 2020 – December 31 2021.
- All Clients who were due to travel in 2020/2021 and postponed their trip to a future date as a result of Covid-19.
Travel dates should be between January 01, 2021 – December 31, 2022 (including Olympic & Paralympic season in 2021).
Q: What will happen if I book my tour to a date when travel restrictions are still not lifted?
A: If there are still travel restrictions in place before your final payment is due, we will be advising you of your options.
- [A] Consider postponing your trip, or
- [B] You will be given clear outline of any charges or refunds that may be due in the event you cancel your tour with us. Each case will be treated differently. We will do our best to reduce any financial loss.
Q: If you (UJT) cancel our tour, what will happen?
A: During this time, we will make a decision whether to run your tour or not, at least 8 weeks prior to your tour start date. If any changes occur outside our control, within these 8 weeks, that make the tour non-operational, we will inform you immediately with options given at the time. This decision will be made to protect our clients from any health & safety risks. Your options will be to postpone your tour for free including our VIP Premium Upgrade or receive a full refund if the dates don’t suit you.
We only cancel tours if:
- Our hotels and transport companies are unable to provide their services
- The Japanese Government advises us to stop running tours
- All flights in and out of Japan are cancelled
We would not cancel tours if:
- One or some attractions are closed, but the majority of the tour can run unaffected
- Some flights are cancelled
- Some foreign governments recommend against their citizens traveling
Participants who have already cancelled in advance or transferred to a different tour would not receive any refund. Unique Japan Tours would not be liable for any other items or costs incurred such as airfares or seasonal supplements for your new dates.
Q: What will happen if my flight to Japan gets cancelled?
A: Unfortunately, Unique Japan Tours cannot be liable for flights getting cancelled. However we will do our best to facilitate changes that are out of your control and negotiate with all suppliers in japan on your behalf. If you have booked your tour that includes a flight as part of a package, we will then handle all changes without fees. If you have booked your flight yourself we recommend you to do the following:
- Contact your airline to re-book a new date. We will re-book your tour applying your new dates (subject to seasonal supplements)
- If the airline is no longer operating to Japan, request your refund (airlines are legally obliged to refund you in this case), and book a new flight. We will be able to help you with this.
Q: If there are no travel restrictions in place, but we still don’t feel like traveling to Japan due to Covid-19 concerns, where do we stand?
A: As soon as travel restrictions are lifted, our team are coming back to full time operations. This means we will be putting all of our energies and time into making your trip to Japan amazing! So unfortunately, if you change your mind, and prefer not to travel at all, you will be subject to our normal cancellation terms and conditions. However, each case will be looked at individually and an option to move your date will be considered at no extra cost (if done before 4 weeks of your tour start date).
Q: How much is my deposit?
A: All deposits are €400 | £350 | US$500 | AU$600 per person.
If an official government travel ban is in place 60 days prior to your due start date, you can choose to move your deposit to a future date, or receive a refund of your deposit. All services will be cancelled without penalty. Written confirmation to cancel or receive refund is required. Email your travel consultant or to our central email: email@example.com. Telephone calls are not recorded therefore we need any changes to your booking in writing.
Q: If I pay my deposit now, when do I have to pay my balance?
A: 60 days prior to your departure date.
Q: After I pay my full balance, will your regular cancellation charges apply?
A: If travel into Japan has resumed as normal by the time you are due to travel, then yes. Full payments are due 60 days prior. If a travel ban is in place at this time (i.e. 60 days prior to your travel date), we will be recommending you change your dates. We will not take your payment if a travel ban is in place at that time. Our new 2021 cancellation charges will apply. However, if restrictions are in place, you will be given the option to move your booking credit to another tour/date.