Unique Japan Tours are open for business ready to talk, chat, or video call you to discuss your dream holiday to Japan! Our team are working behind the scenes collaborating with suppliers in Japan to reassure, encourage, reward and reduce the risk through flexibility for all our customers. Contact us at any time to speak to your Japan Travel expert.
Benefits to Book Now:
- Full refund if your tour is cancelled or a travel ban is in place due to Covid-19.
- New Safety Measures on all our tours
- Book Now, Pay Later
- Free Date Change
- Reduced Booking Deposit
- Delayed Final Payment with full financial protection
- Free Upgrade to VIP Premium Package
- Massive savings on popular tours
Booking Period: June 01 – July 31, 2020
Travel Period: August 01, 2020 – December 31, 2021
Tour Types: All Self-Guided and Small Group Tours
Read below for detailed information.
Full Refund available if :
- A travel entry ban into Japan is in place or announced within 5 days of your travel start date by Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- If we, the operator, decide not to run your tour for safety reasons, you will be offered an alternative date or, receive a full refund. Participants who have already cancelled in advance or transferred to a different tour would not receive this refund. Unique Japan Tours would not be liable for any other items or costs incurred such as airfares.
If there is no travel ban on the date you request to change your tour, normal T&C’s apply. If the travel ban is announced earlier than 5 days to your start date, we will negotiate with all suppliers to relax their terms on your behalf. While we cannot guarantee full refunds at this time, your travel insurance provider should be able to cover any costs incurred as a result. All clients are required to have adequate travel insurance prior to starting their trip. All booking deposits remain non-refundable.
New Safety Measures:
Our 2021 & 2022 tour series are getting a revamp to facilitate Covid-19 prevention measures (combining all WHO* & JNTO* travel advice). All clients due to travel in 2020 will be sent the option to transfer to 2021 without any costs or penalties, even if they are booked on a tour that’s scheduled to go ahead in 2020.
- Your tour guides, drivers, and/or assistants will wear masks at all times.
- Daily temperature tests before joining any of our tours.
- New Covid-19 Internal Team trained up to handle emergencies and compliance with all regulatory bodies both in Japan and our local sales offices (Dublin & London).
- Recommended Social Distancing will be a top priority when visiting any sites, restaurants, public areas.
- Travel itineraries will be designed with this in mind, avoiding large crowds and encouraging more off-the-beaten track rural places in Japan (one of our unique specialities)
- Use of chartered vehicles / taxi’s (who already practice good social distancing) rather than public transport (on our private guided tours / where possible)
- Increase our Local Emergency Team to be ready to assist no matter where you are in Japan. If the needs arises, whether for medical reasons, information seeking, or sudden changes to your itineraries, your team will be ready and waiting to help all of our clients while in Japan.
*WHO: World Health Organisation
*JNTO: Japan National Tourist Organisation
Book Now, Pay Later
We understand the apprehensions around booking a trip in 2020. So we are making two significant changes:
- We usually request full payment 8 weeks prior to tour start dates. This is reduced to 4 weeks prior (until further notice).
- We usually request a non-refundable deposit of €250 (or similar). During our Book with Confidence period (June 01, 2020 – Jul 31, 2020), all non refundable deposits will be reduced to €150 (or similar) per person.
No matter when you pay your final balance, your money is protected by Total Payment Protection (Topp) Policy provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited.
Early Bird Offers for 2021 Tours
Travel in 2021 and receive best value possible on a selection of our popular ‘Self-Guided’ & ‘Small Group’ Tours. Savings of up to €600 per person. This offer will run from June 01, 2020 until July 31, 2020.
Small Group Tours
- Japan Discovered €4,650 => NOW €4,185 per person (excl. April & October dates)
- Ancient Trails of Japan €4,400 => NOW €3,900 per person (excl. July & September dates)
- Gardens & Galleries €4,700 => NOW €4,200 per person
- Hidden Treasures €4,450 => NOW €3,950 per person
* Offers are available on any new bookings made between June 01 – July 31, 2020 for travel between August 01, 2020 – December 31, 2021. Offers are per person off published online prices. Covid-19 Flexible Terms & Conditions will be in place for any bookings made during this period (see below).
Black-Out Dates: July 22 – Sep 30 2021 during Olympics & Paralympics 2021. Offers are for new bookings only, non-transferable and cannot be used with any other offers received. Direct Bookings only. Contact us for more information.
To encourage you to book now, we are introducing new temporary adjustments to our regular terms & conditions, for bookings made between June 01, 2020 – July 31, 2020. All bookings made after July 31, 2020 will be subject to regular terms & conditions.
Free Date Change
As entry bans are lifted in Japan, you will be able to make a date or name change up to 28 days prior to your start date, free of charge (until further notice). After 28 days, any changes made may be subject to the costs of tickets issued. Or if suppliers have already been paid, it will take longer or be more difficult to cancel. At all times, we will do our best to make any costs minimal. Unique Japan Tours cannot be liable for any costs incurred as a result of any date change requests.
Booking Deposits – Reduction
Reduced from €250 => €150 per person (or equivalent in your own currency).
Delayed Final Payment
We usually request full payment 8 weeks prior to tour start dates. This is reduced to 4 weeks prior (until further notice).
Japan Travel Ban – Full Refund
If a travel entry ban into Japan is announced within 5 days of tour start date (by Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs), you will be given the option to postpone your trip to a later date (no charge) or receive a full refund (less non-refundable deposit).
Tour Cancellation – Full Refund
If the Company cancels your tour due to Covid-19, you will be given the option to change your tour to a later date, or receive a full refund (less non-refundable deposit).
VIP Premium Upgrade
As a special ‘thank you’ to our clients*, we would like to reward you by offering the following free upgrades:
Japan Concierge Service:
Our Tokyo Travel Desk will assist you with:
- Restaurant reservations that may sometimes be difficult to secure
- Optional tour reservations for your free days
- Advise on what to do in your local area and best way to get there (if not already in your travel pack)
- Any other service request (within reason)!
Plus Choose One:
- Free 1-Day Private Guide [Self-Guided Tours only]
- 4 Nights Complimentary Room Upgrade [Small Group Tour or Self-Guided Tours] (rooms will be chosen by UJT)]
- Upgrade to 1st Class Japan Rail Pass (7 Days) [Small Group Tour or Self-Guided Tours]
*Valid for Clients who fall into either category:
- New Tours booked between June 01, 2020 – July 31 2020.
- Clients who were due to travel in 2020 and postponed their trip to a future date in 2021.
Travel dates should be between August 01, 2020 – December 31, 2021 (including Olympic & Paralympic season in 2021).
Q: What will happen if I book my tour to a date when travel restrictions are still not lifted?
A: If there are still travel restrictions in place before your final payment is due, we will be advising you of your options.
- [A] Consider postponing your trip, or
- [B] You will be given clear outline of any charges or refunds that may be due in the event you cancel your tour with us. If any new travel restrictions are announced within 5 days of your travel dates, you will receive a full refund (less non-refundable deposit), or option to postpone to a later date with VIP Premium Upgrade offered.
Q: If you (UJT) cancel our tour, what will happen?
A: During this time, we will make a decision whether to run your tour or not, at least 4 weeks prior to your tour start date. If any changes occur outside our control, within these 4 weeks, that make the tour non-operational, we will inform you immediately with options given at the time. This decision will be made to protect our clients from any health & safety risks. Your options will be to postpone your tour for free including our VIP Premium UPgrade or receive a full refund if the dates don’t suit you.
We only cancel tours if:
- Our hotels and transport companies are unable to provide their services
- The Japanese Government advises us to stop running tours
- All flights in and out of Japan are cancelled
We would not cancel tours if:
- One or some attractions are closed, but the majority of the tour can run unaffected
- Some flights are cancelled
- Some foreign governments recommend against their citizens travelling
Participants who have already cancelled in advance or transferred to a different tour would not receive any refund. Unique Japan Tours would not be liable for any other items or costs incurred such as airfares or seasonal supplements for your new dates.
Q: What will happen if my flight to Japan gets cancelled?
A: Unfortunately, Unique Japan Tours cannot be liable for flights getting cancelled. All tours are ready to go at least four weeks prior to your arrival date. So if you have paid in full, our regular terms and conditions will apply. If you have paid a deposit only, this will remain non-refundable. Again, this is why it is crucial to take out adequate travel insurance to protect this from happening.
- Contact your airline to re-book a new date. We will re-book your tour applying your new dates (subject to seasonal supplements)
- If the airline is no longer operating to Japan, request your refund (airlines are legally obliged to refund you in this case), and book a new flight. We will be able to help you with this.
Q: If there are no travel restrictions in place, but we still don’t feel like traveling to Japan due to Covid-19 concerns, where do we stand?
A: As soon as travel restrictions are lifted, our team are coming back to full time operations. This means we will be putting all of our energies and time into making your trip to Japan amazing! So unfortunately, if you change your mind, and prefer not to travel at all, you will be subject to our normal terms and conditions. However, each case will be looked at individually and an option to move your date will be considered at no extra cost (if done before 4 weeks of your tour start date).
Q: How much is my deposit?
A: If you book your tour with us between May 1, 2020 and July 31, 2020, we have reduced our booking deposits to €150 | £160 | US$200 | AU$300 per person.
If you book your tour after July 31, 2020 our normal booking deposits will be required = €250 | £200 | US$300 | AU$400 per person traveling
All deposits remain non-refundable.
Q: If I pay my deposit now, when do I have to pay my balance?
A: During this time, we are not requesting full payments until 4 weeks prior (instead of 8 weeks prior).
Q: After I pay my full balance, will your regular cancellation charges apply?
A: If you book your tour with us between May 1, 2020 and July 31, 2020, you will be awarded the Flexible Terms and Conditions (see above). We will be monitoring all global travel news and be updating this regularly and according to World Health Organisation advice.